Thursday, March 10, 2011

let's just linger in the elevator. . .

For the past few weeks I've been unintentionally getting myself into the most awkward situations at work.
 
They are all because I'm apparently just becoming way more absentminded, or something. I don't even know!
 
(I'm sure none of you are surprised by this at all!)
 
Example A- Twice now I have entered my building in the morning at the same time as a coworker. We hop into the elevator chatting and after a few seconds, I notice we aren't going anywhere. Enter the brief, sort-of awkward silence and a general sense of confusion. Then the realization that I've just been standing there and haven't pressed the button to go up. Thus, we are going nowhere


Example B - Today I ran to the bathroom and was in there at the same time as a coworker. I wash my hands before her and pop over to get some towels to dry them. I'm almost done drying my hands when she comes out and seems pretty confused. It hits me. I never shut the faucet off for some reason. I guess I'm so used to self stopping faucets I just assumed it would do that job itself. I lingered trying to explain this little situation away while awkwardly laughing and silently signaling to her "I'm not a total weird-o I swear! Just a little absentminded!"
 
Needless to say, I'm convinced my coworkers just see me crashing around all the time like a crazy person and are just like, "Oh, brother, here she comes. what's it going to be this time??"
 
I know the reality is they aren't thinking about me at all, they're more worried about themselves (like me!) but if i keep being the whacko who traps us on the elevator because I can't remember to press a button, it's going to go downhill fast!


And on a completely separate but just as ridiculous note. Have you all ever heard of a little game called "Things"?

It's a hilarious party game that I am in love with (I love games) because it involves making up answers and lots of laughing. Two nights ago we had a group of friends over for dinner and fun and I suggested a rousing game of Things. The results were hilarious. We even still have some of the aftermath chilling on our fridge for now:
 
 

Total chaos as you can see (hey, just like my life. . .)








1 comment: