Monday, March 21, 2011

Short&Sweet&Snowy (ugh)

Much to the dismay and disappointment of just about everybody in New England, the first day of spring dawned and brought with it the worst kind of gift. Snow.

I was bummed because I was super excited for my daily walk around the Common today and couldn't wait to get out there! As lunch approached, though, the sky began to look more and more grim and by the time I could go out flurries were swirling and dancing furiously. I've gone out in inclement weather before but I was totally unprepared today with only a tiny fleece. Also (Ok, and the real truth) I just bought these lovely new sneakers. And although I waterproofed them to within an inch of their life, I didn't want anything to happen to them just yet. So, I gave up hope of a midday walk.

Thanks for nothing First Day of Spring.  . .let's just hope this isn't what you have in store for us:

 (December '10)


And now-- a recap of just one part of my weekend (the best!).  Here's a fun video of some friends and family singing an early happy birthday to my youngest sister who'll be nineteen in exactly one week. And yes, her candle is in a pie.

(we're all laughing because her boyfriend is singing over the phone from school but is delayed)

No comments:

Post a Comment