Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lunch Walk

My roommate Becca brought these verses to my attention today, and they were so fitting, as Boston was hit with yet another snow storm last night:

"He gives snow like wool. . .
He hurls down His crystals of ice like crumbs;
who can stand before his cold?"
Psalm 147: 15, 17
These beautiful words really resonated with me throughout today at how great God is. And although I'm generally a huge fan of winter, it gave me an even fresher perspective on surviving winter in Boston. Here are some pictures I took during my (almost) daily lunch break walk around Boston Common. I'm so lucky to work so close by this beautiful place, and I love taking a trip there for 20 minutes or so during lunch to recharge



They blow all the sidewalk snow through the bars of the cemetery by Park St.


The State House

walking through the pigeons

few of the city from the back of the Commons


rolling cigarettes, I love that their hands are almost exactly the same

guess who?

 
This little girl was standing in the spray of the above snow thrower










1 comment:

  1. Katy, that picture of the men rolling cigarettes is amazing...

    ReplyDelete