Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Once More

Ok folks, if you're the real squeamish type, I'm sorry to bring up blood again. As sorry as I am, though, here we go!

If you look at my previous post about self testing my blood type, you'll notice that a friend commented that A- blood is some of the rarest blood. I immediately thought this was pretty cool and so decided to do some further researcher in the hopes of blogging about the fact that my blood makes me some sort of quasi superhero. or at the very least, some sort of rare medical phenomenon to be awed. 

Unfortunately, my research was rather confusing and didn't yield quite the results I was expecting. First off, it appears that A- blood isn't so rare as my friend would have me believe. I must admit I was maybe just a little upset to find that B- is even more rare. Second, rare blood is way more complicated then just A, B, and O. There's like Rh factors, and plasmas and it's all just way too intense for me to want to get into.

and third, as exciting as all this was in the beginning, it turns out the actual pricking of my finger was way more fun then wading through loads of boring info.

I did, however, come across the most hilarious website on blood types. Go here for a laugh, especially when the narrator gets down to listing attributes that are common of negative RHeses (no clue how to pluralize that bad boy!). If they were all true I guess I should be a fair skinned, red headed, blue eyed science lover with UFO connections. . .

bahahahahaha.

If you don't know me personally, let me assure you: I'm basically the opposite of every single one of these attributes. Except, I was one abducted by ali- anyway, enough about that. This doesn't describe me at all.

Although, if you'll scroll down to the bottom of the website, you'll find that apparently the rh- trait comes form fallen angels/aliens. So maybe I really am a superhero of sorts. 

Or maybe I just totally did the blood test wrong. I think I'll leave that little mystery unsolved for awhile.











1 comment:

  1. Haha,sorry to mislead you... If only you were Asia;, then you'd have only .4% probability of having A- blood! :)

    ReplyDelete