Monday, January 17, 2011

I {heart} weekends

Note: I wrote this last night with the intention of publishing it then, thus the ongoing weekend remarks. Alas, I was distracted and before I knew it, bedtime had approached (I did not have Monday off, thanks work) and I gave up. Forgive me. 

What a lovely weekend I'm wrapping up right now (by eating dark chocolate covered cranberries from TJ's, yumm!).

So lovely, in fact, I won't even wait until tomorrow to tell you about it! Right after work on Friday a friend and I packed our bags and headed out of the city to visit friends in Western MA. We arrived at their darling little, snow covered home and were so happy for smiling faces and a fun night out planned. We spend the evening enjoying great company, great beer (not me, bleck!) and some fantastic Irish music at a local pub. 

Saturday was a day filled with visiting one of my favorite places, Esselon Cafe, in the area for the most delicious drink called a Honey Lemon Ginger, or as they refer to it in shop talk the HLG. I love it iced, but since it was so cold I went for a frothy, steaming hot mug of it. Oh, how I have missed that delicious treat! It was heavenly, especially paired with a tomato, feta, and pesto omelet split with a friend.  Pure gastronomic delight! Sadly, I was too engrossed with drinking my HLG to remember to take any mouth watering pictures. 

Later that night, we headed out with our hosts to pick up our friend Kait from the airport as she was returning home from her native CA. We arrived decked out with a giant sign hanging out the windows proclaiming "Welcome Home Kait!" and had Katy Perry's "California Gurls" blasting at top volume. Of course, our screams of joy when we saw her waiting took the party to another level, entirely. Despite the security guard's clear distaste for our antics and the other new arrivals' confusion, we kept it up as Kait stood on the sidewalk dancing away and we boogied in the car. Such fun! I love my friends and our craziness! 

Sunday was spent seeing old friends at church, cramming way more stuff into my car than we arrived with and making a shopping trip where I bought a really darling shirt that reminds me of flower petals. I can't wear it 'til spring, but I'm still so excited!

How was your weekend? I hope it was filled with great friends, good food, and good fun because those are the best kinds!






No comments:

Post a Comment