Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More of that "white stuff"

If I hear one more person say, "I'm so sick of all this snow, I don't understand where it's all coming from!", I'm going to kick them.
We live in New England, people. If you don't like getting snow in the winter, you should probably leave.

(Ok, I may have engaged in a lunch time conversation about how the snow should melt, and I just want to wear some dang sundresses. But then, I rebuffed myself, as I don't really mind the snow. It's part of what makes New England so great!)

Also, people keep going on about how this winter is so much worse than normal and how usually we get snow and then it all melts before we get another storm.

Now my memory is not exactly that of an elephant, but I feel like it serves enough for me to say that I remember plenty of winters growing up and in the not too distant past where we had similar storms buffeting our fair towns and the snow definitely did not melt in between.

And as one coworker put it today. . .at least we don't live in Syracuse!
Amen, sister. But bring on some more snow!

In honor of winter, here's some pics I took while out enjoying the snow with the roommate during one of our recent storms:









No comments:

Post a Comment