Monday, January 10, 2011

Say Cheese!

I don't think I ever mentioned to you all, but I finally got a new, actual camera. Gone are the days of crappy phone pictures where I have to explain what it is you are viewing. No more grainy, horribly lit memories and being thankful that someone else at the event had a real camera so I can steal their pictures off facebook. 

I'm so thrilled!

Although, it should be noted that having a new camera, despite all it's fun features only made me realize that I probably will never be a photographer. I get so inspired by my friend Lauren who is a great photographer and my darling sister who is in school this very minute to become a professional photographer. They're so good at capturing angle, light, emotions, everything. When I try to be clever with the camera it usual just ends up being confusing. "Oh, did you take a picture by accident while walking?" someone will ask. So sad. 
But, I guess I just have to except that words are my craft, not pictures (if you think I'm bad at those too, don't burst my bubble, please; I need something to live for!)

But you know what a new camera means (and a touch screen one no less!)? It means back to Monday posts showing my weekend it pictures! joy!





These goons and I decided to make butterbeer from Harry Potter. It was mildly successful, but the best part was just laughing and having fun with friends!

Butter beer!

try out the recipe we used, and let me know how yours comes out!




On Saturday night, a group of friends went out for a belated birthday celebration for my roommate (see the hot chick by the men's rooms). We chowed down on flatbread and an amazing "everything-free" cake,  had a blast mastering the art of candle pin bowling, and took some delightfully awkward photos (see my weird grip on my friends arm in the group picture above.

Hallelujah for the weekend, and for new cameras too!

1 comment: