Monday, November 1, 2010

BOO!

I have to admit, I've never really been one for Happy Halloweens, and all that hooplah. Dressing up seems completely ridiculous and overrated to me and I usually do everything in my power not to have to dress up. Sure there was one year in college where I Poshed it up with some friends so we could go as the Spice Girls, and around the time I was 11 I decked myself out in full witch regalia-fake spiderweb nails and all.

Nonetheless, Halloween is definitely not one of my favorite holidays. This year was no different, and aside from a party I was attending on Saturday, I was perfectly happy to lead a Halloween free year.

However, somewhere between my roommate looking adorable dressed up as the T (Boston's subway system) and seeing pictures posted online of everyone in their costumes, I became inspired. Not wanting to spend any money, I perused the internet looking at others costumes and ideas for "costumes from the closet." Because I'm evidently 5 years old, I decided to patch together a ladybug costume. You know, red wings, black dots, antennas, etc. etc.

I threw myself into this craft project with unusual gusto and a paper Trader Joe's bag, swirly red earrings, and several safety pins later, PRESTO, I had myself a Halloween costume at no charge.

Here are the results. Not my best efforts, but give me a break!







More exciting than Halloween is that once Halloween ends, Thanksgiving preparations can begin (ok, who am I kidding, the Thanksgiving preparations began several months ago when someone gave me like 6 big bags of frozen cranberries. I've been waiting impatiently to make some delicious homemade cranberry sauce for Thanksgiving ever since!)

No comments:

Post a Comment