Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dust Jacket

Oh dear. It seems my success on vlogging every day will be broken this evening. That doesn't mean my thanks will, however!

I will make every effort to return with a fresh vlog tomorrow, but until then let my tell you what I am thankful for today:
 Books
Books are my most constant friend. When I am stressed, scared, tired, lonely, happy, whatever, I love to read books.
I love the way they smell. I love the scratch of a page turning or the satisfying thump of a finished book closing. If I could chose only one pastime to engage in for the rest of my life, I think it might be reading. Reading a book is so much more than just one thing. It is listening to music, sailing the high seas, falling in love, falling out of love, laughing til you ache, finding a friend, dreaming you can be anything. 

I am so thankful I live in a time and place that allows me to know how to read and also allows me unlimited access to books of all kinds. 

Now to go all cheesy on you, William Hazlitt once said, "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own."
Good reading, folks. And good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment