Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm the New Sinatra

Bryant Park at dusk, New York, NY

A weekend or two ago, some friends and I headed out to NYC for the weekend for a little summer fun. Though I was excited to be with my friends and have a nice trip, I can't say I was overwhelmed with the idea of visiting the city.

I've been to New York many times over the years, as I grew up in CT not so far away, and I always seem to do the same trite tourist activities. I underestimated my travel companions though and their laid back and much less traditional approach to travel. We enjoyed some amazing Brazilian food, had a little tattoo parlor fun, and wandered the streets of the East Village, among other fun activities I don't usually get to do.

A highlight of the trip was heading to the Bronx to visit the Botanical Gardens where a recreation of Monet's garden at Giverny was on display. I love that man-I grew up obsessed with this book and one of my biggest regrets after a trip to France I took many years ago is that I wasn't able to go to Giverny!

A few of my favorite scenes from our weekend:

1) Jenna in her first NY taxi! 2 &3) Hannah holding this enormous tropical lily for all the overzealous photographers

Everything about this  cracks me up. This is Jenna "posing" with her first NYC taxi after riding in it. Except it started to drive away and everything got out of hand! 




No comments:

Post a Comment