Tuesday, July 17, 2012

that one particular time


You  know how sometimes you drop your phone/laptop/kindle/any electronic ever and you have a major freak out and are practically scared to pick it up and see the damage? Then, you do pick it up, and it's fine; nary a scratch.

But then sometimes, you drop your laptop and you're not really panicked because it fell only a foot to the carpeted ground and you've done it a million times before and freaked out but then it was fine. You pick it up calmly only to realize you've shattered the port that connects your computer to your charger which is imperative to its operation because your stupid Dell lost most of its battery function within about 6 months of you owning it.

No?

Well, that's what happened to me last week. My computer flew off the couch of it's own accord (Ok, I might have perched is precariously on the edge and then kicked it off by accident. . .). I didn't panic, because I'm always performing acrobatic stunts with my laptop and it survives. Not this time.

I taped the port back together and it was sort of functional for running the computer, if not charging it. This morning, however, my tired computer was done with that trash and just as I realized I was in dire straights, BAM, it shut down.

"You're done, Katydid, but thanks for trying."

Five years ago this would have been more than just a hiccup, it would have been a major catastrophe because I would have been without internet completely (God forbid) and, basically, living like a cavewoman*.  (Luckily (or not so luckily), we now live in the age of smartphones and really have to try if we want to be sans internet access)

So, what I'm really trying to say is, this post was supposed to be about some fun, crafty housewares I created this weekend, but instead you get to read about the demise of my computer cord. Hopefully, a replacement will arrive soon and the crafting posts will be back in action. I know you're itching for the day!


*post script: I use the word 'cavewoman' (which, actually, is probably supposed to be 2 words) in this post loosely. I'm pretty sure cave people lived without a few other ammenities, as well. Like showers. . .and chocolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment