Wednesday, May 11, 2011

T Pass



 If you're not sure what this is: it's me driving behind a van. and we are both driving begind the T. As in, we are in the same lane as the T.

There are a lot of things about the city of Boston that are great, and there are also a lot of things that make absolutely NO SENSE. This little feat of public transportation is one of them.

I'm wondering who in their right mind decided that it was a totally brilliant idea to have people winging around in their cars driving right alongside, passing in front of, and tailgating behind the T. It's basically like driving around with 4 buses stuck together and careening around the road. Except they're on a track which you have to be careful of as you maneuver in and out of the lane with the tracks cut through. I could be wrong, but I imagine that can't be great for your tires.

There are only a few spots in Boston where you and the T get nice and cozy on the street together. Thankfully, this picture is documenting the first (and hopefully the last) time that I've had to navigate these shenanigans. Really, Boston?

I guess, I should offer a concession and note that I don't like driving in the city to begin with so I might already be a little biased. Everyone in the car with me at the time, however, completely agreed with my viewpoint, so it's not just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment