Monday, February 21, 2011

Russo's Rules the Roost

**I realize this title is ridiculous. Just go with it. 
I have discovered one of the most incredible place in all of the Boston/greater Boston area. 
 
And maybe the world.

Crazy assertion? Maybe. You'll have to check it out. 
 
This weekend, a girl that I've recently met through church called me up and invited me to a place called Russo's. I'd never heard of it before but gleaned that it was some sort of produce store, maybe a little pricey? I had no idea what to expect.
 
After meet up with another girl who was driving, we headed on our way. Shortly after, we arrived at the most amazing produce market I've seen in MA. Fresh produce everywhere you look. no aisles, just rows and rows of produce tables. And the variety! Swoon worthy, for sure. There was everything from peppers, to cactus leaves, to sugar cane, to persimmons. I was like a kid in a candy store (. . .or an awesome produce store?). I wandered around starry eyed filling bags with fresh fruits at unheard of winter prices.
 
Nectarines for less than $2 a pound? Yes, PLEASE!
 
Grapes for the same? In February? I think I just died a little reliving the memory. 

(Clearly, I get super pumped about fruit. Ok, and maybe good deals.)
 
 
I've never been to a place quite like this in America (except for one time at a random, crazy farmers market outside of Cleveland, OH. . .who knew?) and it was thrilling. I hope to go back soon and I'm happy to spread that crisp, produce love. So if you live around or you want to give visit, I'll be happy to introduce you to this whole new world.
 
Cue cheesy Aladdin song, and I think I'll go eat some of my grapes. 





 



2 comments: