Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh, Baby! and Pesto Pizza Too!

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of visiting an old friend and her brand new baby girl. Jenny, the momma, is the 1st  of my college girlfriends to have a baby so it makes this an especially momentous occasion. I arrived to find Adriana sleeping off a rough night and looking cute as a button all bundled up in pink. Since I was visiting alone, I got to be a total baby hog, and I was all the happier for it. If you've ever gone baby visiting in a group, you know the tug-of-war that inevitably occurs. Everyone wants to hold baby at once, whoever gets the first gaze or smile gloats endlessly long after the day is over, and you secretly hope that you'll have the magic touch when baby starts to get fussy so you can hold him/her longer than your other (clearly, clueless) counterparts. Yes, babies can turn woman into a mass of squirmy, impatient little girls playing the game of house, and like it was when you were five, there's a fight over who get's to the be the "mom".

but I digress. That wasn't the case yesterday since I was flying solo and it was fun to get to hold Adriana all I wanted and to watch her sleep expressions ranging from smiles to stink faces. Isn't it funny how all babies have to do is sleep to capture your attention for hours at a time? I could have held her and watched her make faces all day long and not gotten tired. And, if you know me, or even if you've read some of my previous posts, you know I'm a total sucker for baby cheeks. I love them. They are so chubby and sweet and I just want to eat them up (creepy, I know). 

an Adriana Joy intermission:

cute, cute ,cute

 After returning from my visit, I headed out with some friends to a wine, cheese and paint your own pottery night. Thanks to those coupon sites that are out (groupon, zozi, etc.) we all basically got a $40 night of wine, treats (hello brie, pesto pizza, and fried kalamari), and a pottery piece for FREE. It was crazy and so much fun. There were a few bumps in the road as is bound to happen when I'm involved, (our names weren't on the list, someone bumped a friend while she painstakingly finished her piece, yadda yadda yadda) but we all had a blast. If you live in the Boston area and you're looking for something fun to do with your gal pals check the Clayroom out on a Wed. for their wine and cheese nights. so fun! And of course: pictures to follow:) I can't wait to see the finished results!



No comments:

Post a Comment