Friday, October 1, 2010

The Truth is Out There

If you're wondering why I've been totally MIA this past blog week (besides my few random picture posts) it's because something very strange has been happening.

OK, not really. I just made that up to sound way more exciting.

In case you have any doubts that I'm a total dork, what I'm about to tell you next will remove it completely.

Aside from being busy spending money like it's going out of style (well, not really, but holy smokes to I need to get on my budget this weekend! EEK!) I've discovered an old TV show I used to watch in the early 2000's called Roswell. It's based off a series of books that I religiously read in the late 90s called Roswell High.

The books (and short lived TV series) follow three teenage aliens who have hidden their identity from everyone except three human friends. The story continues in perfect teen fashion: angst, romance, prom, etc. I've been powering my way through the 3 seasons show.

After watching several more "intense" episodes last night, it became clear to me that I was more affected than I realized. I headed to bed after one final episode much later than I should have. Me eyes slumped closed and I was almost asleep when something startled me. a noise. I opened my eyes and saw Becca (my roommate) or someone walk into my room.

"Hello?" I feebly moaned.
Struggling to turn and get a better look. But there didn't seem to be anyone really there. I was confused because I was looking at the light from the door where the person was standing only to suddenly realize that the light was actually my alarm clock.

I became anxious because I couldn't actually find the door to my room as I sluggishly thrashed around my bed. I scanned the room in a panic, by heart began chugging desperately. There was an alien in the room.

Then. . .
"Wait," I finally thought, "an alien. What? There aren't any. . ."

I sat up confused, just as a light switched on for real outside my door. My whole body jolted in concern, and then finally, my sleep fogged brain had cleared.

No Becca in my room. No alien. I've just been watching way to many early 2000s, poorly acted, alien drama Roswell episodes.

Oh yea.

And with that I turned over and went to sleep.




1 comment: