Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bachelor Smachelor

Today I got an e-mail from a friend of mine requesting I read some updates of this girls blog.

This girl Faye is from Mississippi and was obsessed with the Bachelorette apparently when it was on TV. I wish I could scoff at this, but in fact V (e-mail sending friend) and I spent each week stressing, panicking, and screaming at the TV/the more obnoxious bachelors right along with her (well, as total strangers. . .in different states).

A month or so ago, V sent me a link to this girls blog with a funny story about how she had ordered a shirt from one of the bachelor's- Chris Lambton - landscaping company and had spoken to him on the phone when she'd failed to notify them of change of address.

Evidently what followed was some giveaway thing, some twitter flirting, etc. etc.

And this past week, Faye ended up making a trip to Boston with her sister and they met up with Chris and some friends.

I'm reading this story, and I'm thinking. . .seriously? Is this a joke?

This random girl from Mississippi get a random phone call about a random shirt and this is the outcome.

Then, I start to think: "Chris, come ON. This girl, she's from MS and apparently gets too drunk to remember hanging out with you. I've got this friend V and she's super sweet and loves dogs and ok she hasn't ordered a shirt from your company yet, but she's from MA"

So Chris Lambton, all I have to say is, you'll probably never read this and I don't have a twitter (nor does V. . .) so we can't show some twitter love, but if you're looking for some fun girls to hang out with. . .you should keep it local.

Also, I believe there was a Bachelor friend of yours named Craig. . .bring him along too.

I mean, it's the least you can do, so I have someone to talk to while your off sweeping V off her feet!

3 comments:

  1. too funny Katy. i loved reading this. and was shocked/felt so honored (i know, silly) to have a whole post dedicated to this topic.

    :)

    but i agree!
    Chris, keep it local! i'd love to live on the Cape for the rest of my life. i love dogs! i saw a rainbow today! come sweep me off my feet.

    and bring Craig with ya!

    so lame, i know. i'm kidding, kind of. but this is still so much fun to read a blog post about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love this! V you will be fighting me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh Rachel! you're going down.

    i'm closer to him anyways ;) Amherst....Bolivia?

    i think Amherst is closer to the Cape than out of country!!

    ReplyDelete