Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rant

Today I had my first official crazy caller at work.

I've beened warned about them from the start, but have yet to receive one. With less than 2 hours to go in the work day, I answered the phone to hear a person informing me that they had taken a pill and were feeling better.

"Uh, that's great," I said., "who are you trying to reach?"

Crazy Caller than went on a diatribe about how they'd been trying to reach Kim (made up name of someone at work!) or her partner in crime, or their supervisor but were unsuccessful.

Crazy Caller then sarcastically asked if reception was the only person in the office today. And could I just take a little walk around the office, and see if there was anyone even there besides myself?? (all demanded of me in the sicky sweet, I'm-sounding-nice-but-hope-you-know-that-I'm-in-a-really-bitchy-mood-and-don't-piss-me-off-further kind of way)

I refrained from informing CC that, I am, in fact, NOT the receptionist, but that because CC had been crazily calling the receptionist ALL DAY, they were getting transferred around to assistants in the office.

After doing exactly, what she didn't want and passing CC off to yet another assistant, we all gathered round to hear the conversation.

After getting nowhere with their attitude, CC then called their employer who called us. Although, the result probably wasn't what CC had in mind, as their employer informed us that CC was mental (ummm, duh tell us something we don't know) and asked if we had security (CC was also threaten to come down to our offices)

What a total whacko!! At least we had some entertainment for those awful last few hours of work.

Tomorrow could be an exciting day. . .although, our manager has asked reception to please keep the front doors of our suite locked all day, so only employees with their key cards can get in.

And to think, I imagined when I started pushing papers, my crazy stories about work would be dead. Crazy Caller is apparently single-handedly on a mission to make sure that doesn't happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment