Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Date Stamp

Part of my new job is the {invigorating!} task of date stamping all of the mail that comes in for my department. Thankfully, there are 4 of us who work in my department, so I have some fun companions to make this a little more exciting!

The other day while engaging in this most auspicious task, I had gotten through a little over half of my {fairly large} pile when I noticed that something was off.

I never changed the date on the date stamp!

For a company that operates heavily based on dates, this is definitely not acceptable. I literally slumped onto my desk for a moment in a sort of physical pain, because I knew exactly what this meant.

Hello, white-out. . .

. . .and an extra 15 minutes of time spent on mail.

Well after my coworkers has finished, my date stamp could be heard pounding away as I hurried to correct my error with the proper date, and get to another fun task: coding mail.

I know you're dying to know what that is. . .but I think I'll save it for another day.

*********
In other exciting news. . .

Fall begins tomorrow at, like, 11PM. I'm super pumped {if you haven't guess based on my recent blog entries} and have already begun to decorate the apartment. I don't have nearly enough, though, and am thinking I need to hit up Target for some extra fall fashion. I almost bought a few things there this weekend, but somehow spending $40 on a wreath of fake Japanese red berries seemed a little unnecessary. But, then again, what's more unnecessary is a totally bare front door when there are so many lovely ways for it to pop!

Although, I'm am going to the Big E this weekend {yay!} so maybe I'll find some darling, fall handicrafts there!

No comments:

Post a Comment