Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big-E + Big Money

This weekend, I went to the Big-E with a group of friends, and it was the perfect kick off to my fall! If you've never heard of the Big-E {you're missing out!} it's an enormous fair, the biggest in the Northeast, I believe, that has animals, unending gastronomic delights, shows, vendors, concerts, rides, petting zoos. . .I could go on forever. We spend like, 8 hours there and didn't even see everything.

We did however enjoy spotting an albino cow, visiting the state houses (a building for each New England State), and enjoying the likes of apple cider slushes, Craz-E burgers (Well, only one of us indulged in that. . NOT me), foot long corn dogs, and giant creme puffs.

The Craz-E Burger (a bacon cheeseburger sandwiched between 2 glazed donuts)

I also went on my first {and last, I hope} Ferris wheel ride. Ever. It was terrifying. My heart was jostling around in my chest the entire time, I was having trouble breathing and gripping onto the sides for dear life.

I thought I'd be totally calm. I thought we'd start going and I'd realize Ferris wheels are amazing and I've been missing out. I thought my fear of heights/falling/amusement rides wouldn't rear its ugly head causing me to threaten the life of any of my fellow riders that tried to be funny and shake the little carriage. I thought wrong.

I did survive to tell the tale, however {obviously} and it did not put a damper on my day.



And as if that wasn't enough for one weekend, this most glorious fair excursion was followed by a shopping spree this evening. The likes of which I haven't been on. . .well, maybe ever. A friend and I headed to a nearby shopping area after church and I made out like a bandit. Not to mention, I got this adorable winter coat on sale for $70 off! I'm thinking when I look over my budget tomorrow, I might be in physical pain. But I'll be looking dang good in my new duds the whole time!



(Too bad it was like 85 degrees out on Saturday. . . I won't need this puppy for awhile)

4 comments:

  1. no luck for me! im not the winner :(

    here's the blog if you wanna read it-

    http://wfayew.blogspot.com/

    and my comment wasn't even in his top 7 choices. bummer!


    lauren told me about the burger walter had...NASTY!! how many stinkin calories do you think that was? way over 2000?

    glad you got to go to the big e. i so gotta go next year! it sounds liek you had a blast and way longer time then when we went last yr

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! and where'd you go shopping and get the jacket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha, you should both hit up the same store and then FOUR of us would have identical winter coats... :)

    ReplyDelete