Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day!

The first day of work was incredibly successful!

I venture to say that there will be some ridiculous stories to tell, despite the fact that the insurance world is not exactly "hopping," as they say. Still, there seems to be a fair number of lovely characters who I'm sure you'll get a peek of now and then.

Of course, I will have to be much more careful about people and places remaining anonymous. Much bigger pond with much bigger fish and all.

For today, it was enough to just wander around taking in the free breakfast and lunch we have catered in each day, as well as the free gym and enormous refrigerator full of delightful drinks. I nearly swooned at the sight of rows and rows of diet Snapple iced tea lined up and ready for my drinking pleasure at any time!

The girls I will be working with are lovely (I already know one of them) and I think sharing space with them in our quad of cubicles will be a bright spot during long days.

And today, to top it all off, I made the cutest little friend on the T ride home today!

"Look," said the sweetest little boy Elijah (who was standing next to me), "there are 2 of you!"

"There are 2 of you too!" I said pointing to the window. He giggled and then proceeding to smack himself in the face to see if his double would as well. A rousing rendition of The Wheels on the Bus followed as we barreled along under ground. He asked me to sing a song too, but I refrained out of concern for the ears of other T riders. Twenty-three year olds are not quite as cute as a 4 year old when belting out nursery songs at top volume.

I'm thrilled that my first day went well. Even though there are a lot of details to remember, I already feel like I'm catching on quickly. Good thing because I may or may not have spent an exorbitant amount of money this past weekend on some lovely clothes for this new gig. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment