Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sissy!

 A few weeks ago my baby sis joined me for a weekend of summer fun. I'd had a pretty rough week leading up to her arrival, and was thrilled when Friday came, and I got to leave work early and head home in time for her arrival.

 We spent our weekend having heart to hearts, making pizza, and unintentionally traipsing a whopping 8 miles (dramatic movie with rap solo forthcoming) on Saturday. Four of those miles in the morning for exercise, and the other four because a) I'm cheap and I wanted Em to avoid tons of T fare, and b) having GPS on my "smart"phone doesn't mean I'm smart enough to understand what the heck it's telling me to do (did I ever mention I have no sense of direction. Whatsoever.) 

During one of our milelongwalk adventures, we headed to Toscanini's in Cambridge for their famous ice cream. My sister had read about it in a "Best Ice Cream" article and wanted to give it a try. We both got  goat cheese brownie ice cream that was all creamy divinity. A little heaven here on earth.

Other highlights including a visit to Harvard square for a sister photoshoot (obviously better than the alternative: actually taking a tour of the campus) and a visit to the USS Constitution and dinner with Em's boyfriend, who's in Boston for the summer. Of course, no dinner in the North End is complete unless it ends with Mike's! 






No comments:

Post a Comment