Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fascinating


Sunday afternoon, some gal pals and I headed to Boston's South End to check our their weekly SoWa Market. I've been wanting to head that way forever but haven't gotten around to it. 
If you live in the area, check these details out:

a previous fritter treat!
It's a crafty, farmers market-y open air bazaar that also includes some of greater Boston's rockin' food trucks, too. After a hunt for an ATM we grabbed some cash and headed to the trucks for lunch! I'd been talking up Roxy's Grilled Cheese, my fave Boston truck, but between the heat and swarming crowds, the thought of thick,melted cheese was making me a little nauseous! I opted for Clover, another favorite food truck and their delicious chickpea fritter pita.

The highlight was the Galvinized Headwear Hat Shop, located just inside the SoWa circuit. My friend Hannah mentioned that it was great and we made a point to stop in. I was sold.  Hand made fascinators and hats of every kindwere on display from designer Marie Galvin and they.were.stunning.

And super swank (As in, lots 'o money). 

There was one particular gem that was a fascinator with a giant mink tail poof on the side. I was in love with it for a fun winter look, but I don't think my friend were quite as enamored. Lucky for them, my wallet wasn't either ;) 

I did, however, end up with these funky new earrings!

No comments:

Post a Comment