Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Still Wild at 50!

February 22 marked the beginning of my mother's 50th year. A most impressive occasion, if you ask me.

On Saturday my siblings and I hosted a 50th Birthday bash for her. My elder sister spearheaded the planning, I took care of the cake, and my younger sister supplied us with her ever improving photography skills for the family photos before and during the party. Oh, and we had baby bro around for all the heavy lifting while we set up (lucky him)!

I think it's safe to say that the party was a success. My mom seemed to enjoy her time schmoozing with friends and family, and everyone loved all the food. It was great to meet some of her pals, catch up with family, and love on all my little baby cousins for a bit.

Here are some pictures of the event. Most of these are thanks to Emily Veronica Photography. All the shady, blurry ones are courtesy of me.

Oh, and just to self promote a little bit. I'm quite proud of the cake I created for my mother. On top of just plain baking, cake decorating is one of my huge passions. I've taken several classes, and made cakes for people, but this has so far been my favorite to make, and I loved the way it turned out! In short, if you need a cake for something, anytime soon. Call me. 

My lovely mom and I with her birthday cake! (you can tell I'm hers! ) © Emily Veronica photography
The Cake! © Emily Veronica photography



some family enjoying the party


My sweet cousin Chloe and her flower; Cousin Shawn and his baby boy Garret
The hosts with the most (s?), my siblings and I. From left, Mary-Rose, Emily, Me, Tim. © Emily Veronica photography

No comments:

Post a Comment