Monday, February 20, 2012

The birthday weekends begin

This weekend was one filled with lots of birthday celebrating, for a dear friend of mine, Jenna. We met only a few months ago, but I already feel like I've known her (almost) forever. 

Few things bring me more joy in life than celebrating birthdays. I think they are the best idea, and I love them. Jenna's birthday weekend started with a lovely dinner party on Friday, her actual birthday, filled with friends, dirty rice, and some fantastic dance moves provided by yours truly (ok, and some other people too). If polled, people would probably agree the latter was the best part of the party. To say nothing of the amazing blooming, singing, rotating exploding birthday candle (no doubt invented by the ingenious Japanese) 

Saturday saw me and two other friends, Hannah and Sarah, sweeping Jenna away for a surprise event, which including dinner at a French restaurant and the Boston Symphony Orchestra. There was a brief scare as we started to leave when Jenna guessed that we might be taking her to the Symphony. Luckily, with some quick thinking and a reference to a strip club, I threw her off the scent. Genius, I know.
The lovely birthday girl!
party aftermath. Our glorious party planners!
crazy candle, and this beaut: Jenna and I, clearly at our finest
My only picture from Saturday, sadly. They're not even playing yet! 

 Spring (it's not really spring, I know, just go with it) brings an insane slew of birthday weekends, that one can barely keep up with. This week another special birthday bash approaches. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment