Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Katy in the Kitchen: Pizza


Sunday nights are possibly one of the saddest nights. The looming cloud of another week at the office weighs down my shoulders. Quelle Horreur! 

I mean, I'm just being dramatic. In all seriousness, though there's definitely a tone to Sunday nights; just the slightest taste of melancholy.

Luckily, once a month some lovely friends and I get together on a Sunday night to make dinner, catch up, and generally enjoy each others company (and some wine. Don't forget the wine!) which makes the evening just a teense more bearable. This week was one of our dinners and we were making one of my favorite foods. Pizza. Every nine year old on the planet and I get a little shiver up our spine at that word. 

Thankfully, my tastes have expended beyond my nine year old self, and I love trying all different wild combinations of pizza. Boston is shamefully lacking in good pizza, in my experienced opinion, but I really enjoy making my own pizza (especially on the grill!) so it's not really a loss.

The pizza we made last night?

A delightful white pizza (no gross alfredo sauce) topped with carmlized onions, butternut squash, spinach, and goat cheese. It was devine. My only tweek might be to cut the squash into a little bit smaller chunks for next time. Only because while I like squash, we're not super tight, and I can only handle it in small doses, you know?

I'd also like to throw out that goat cheese (much like chocolate)  when combined with anything, basically makes it a thousand times better, even if it was already good to begin with.

Email me for the recipe if you'd like: katydidwhatblog{at}gmail{dot}com


Also, for all you foodies, a new little feature on my blog {look up}! There is now a "KatyInTheKitchen" page where all my various an asunder baking/cooking/decorating posts will be collected-should you want to focus solely on some culinary delights now and again. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment