Monday, October 17, 2011

A pumpkin brownie kind of day

  


Happy Monday! Finally, some fall weather has hit Boston, and you know what that means. I've been itching to do some baking! Fortuitously, my dear friend Jordana's birthday was Sunday (Happy Birthday J) and so I had an excuse to hit the ovens. These delicious little pumpkin pie/brownie hybrids seemed like the perfect treat for a autumnal birthday. I've never been an enormous fan of pumpkin pie like treats, but add chocolate to anything, and I'll eat it! I used someone else's recipe for the pumpkin "pie" part and then took liberties with the chocolate chunk brownies. If you'd like the recipe, e-mail me here. Or just stop by and I'll whip you some up!

Here are a few other highlights from my weekend. On Saturday, I took the 7th grade girl I mentor on a trip to the 'country' for some apple picking. I can't wait to make some applesauce this week. yummm!




                 






1 comment: