Thursday, September 1, 2011

I took myself on a "date"

Yesterday and today, I had days off from work, the result of some vacation day stragglers that I had to use or lose before the first week of September. I decided to take these two days off mid week, knowing Friday would be an early closure at work, and then Monday would be the holiday. It's been like a little mini vacation!
 
Today, I had an eye appointment near one of my favorite parts of the city. When I got out, it was lunch time and I decide to take myself on a little solo date ;) I went to the Paris Creperie, a great little (what else!) creperie in Coolidge Corner, lounged in the sun reading, popped into various stores and stopped by the farmers' market. It was a relaxing and fun time, and I felt so calm as I watched the chaos of The Big Move. That is, most leases in Boston begin on 9/1 so there is a huge amount of people moving today in the city. It's insanity. But I enjoyed it all through the lense of a frozen nutella mint hot chocolate and my phone's camera!
 






(From top: 1}move in chaos; 2}Plums at the FM; 3}My favorite little book shop; 4}mint nutella frozen hot choc and a greek crepe; 5}The Greek (sans olives)-spinach, feta, sundried tomato and greek dressing, yum; 6}enjoying every bite! 7}I love the stamp on their boxes!)

 That's all she wrote folks! Peace out, from me and this gnarly (but delicious) farmers' market carrot. 

PS- Is anyone else feeling the irony of me getting a Greek crepe at a French restaurant?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment