Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Back on Planet Earth

Remember me? I used to do this thing called blogging and write all about the fun, funny, interesting, and zany things that happened to me?

Don't worry I apparently forgot too! But I like to think I'm getting myself back on track. 

I'd like to pretend that some reason of great purpose urged me back onto the scene but no, just more KatyDidWhat crazy.

Sunday night I was able to go visit my younger brother who just began his first year at college not far from Boston.

A friend and I headed out from an earlier meet up with friends nearby the school and met my brother on campus. He obliged me by answering my endless list of questions, showed me around the school and I even got to meet some people he's friends with at school. 

Tim, Rachel, and I were walking along one of the paths near the student center when a guy came up behind us and greeted Tim. Hoping to appear every bit the confident, cool, and friendly big sister that we can all agree I definitely am, I took it upon myself to introduce myself to him. It went a little something like this.

Kid: Hey, I'm Nate.
Me: Hey, Nate. I'm Kate. . .ty 
Kid Nods
Me again: I'm Tim's brother!
silence
Rachel: You mean, your Tim's sister?!
Me: raucous laughter. Right, right. hahahah. I'm also smarter than I first appear!
Kid: Umm, let's hope so.

Do you ever have those moments where someone six years your junior makes you feel like a total idiot with just a few words. I think it's clear this was not one of those moments. not. 





No comments:

Post a Comment