Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Part 1: Gourmet Grilled Cheese

If you live in Boston and are looking for a fun lunch or dinner alternative, you gotta try Roxy's Gourmet Grilled Cheese food truck. Though most recently of Food Network fame, these Boston natives have been rocking the food truck scene around this city for quite some time. 

I'd heard of Roxy's through friends and acquaintances before, since they spend a lot of their time hanging around near my neighborhood and then saw them on a couple of episodes of The Great Food Truck Race with Tyler Florence. At some point it clicked, and I realized who they were. So, naturally, I had to try them.

I called up a friend to join me and this weekend we stalked their location and headed there for dinner. A gang of homegrown Boston boys with their accents and a truck full of cheese. . .yes, please. 







My lovely pal Elissa and I indulged in The Green Meunster, an intoxicating blend of bacon, guacamole, and muenster cheese, as well as their Rookie, with Vermont Cheddar and fresh tomato. We found a nice grassy spot and dug in! Oh, and did I mention the truffle fries? No?

Those were great too. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this place! Lemme know the next time you go :)

    ReplyDelete