Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Last Day

Happy Last Day of Summ. . .err, August.

I know, you summer lovers are quaking in your flip flops at the mention of the end.

Here in the city, though, I'm shivering with excitement! Of course, I think everyone knows that I LOVE fall.

And for me, the end of August signals the end of summer. No matter that September is still part of summer, and often quite warm. I start getting ready to take out my pumpkins, scarecrows, and autumn dish towels. I begin dreaming of cinnamon-y smells pouring from the oven and fair season, and crockpot meals and spicy scented candles and the smell of leaves. I think that's it.

And did I mention baking?!

And so it is, with a full heart from beautiful summer stuffed with wonderful memories, I begin to bid this season adieu and look forward to the next and best season.

( I just found this on my phone. Oh summer, the things you convinced me to buy)






1 comment:

  1. i like this pic! and wish you wore your hat more often. and hope and pray your love for fall (and Regina's and Elissa's...and everyone else's) will rub off on me. and already, hard to believe, i am getting glimpses of excitement for fall. like pumpkin muffins from panera. and new fall-y clothes. and warm drinks. so ya, looking forward to it. send me warm fall feelings :) enjoy your day off tmr! glad fall is coming and you're so excited for it. we have to go to the big e. as we've already talked about. and i have to come over and get all cozy on your couch to hang with you and becca and have a sleepover sometime. and smell those spicey smelling candles and watch a movie and eat something warm and yummy that you baked! ok i'm just going on and on about things to make me cheer up about fall! and your apt is so cozy so i'm going to invite myself over. and know you can bake for us work girls anytime! :) alright. i'm done.

    ReplyDelete