Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunapee weekend

Normally at this time (5:00PM) I would be dragging myself to the train after work, preparing to weasel my way into position to ensure a seat on the ride home. 
Instead, however, in a nice end to a wonderful weekend vacation, I'm sitting on my couch having had the entire day off! 

Friday, four pals and I hit the road and made our way up to Lake Sunapee in NH. Thanks to some connections of my roommate, we were spending the weekend at a lake house for FREE! What an amazing blessing!
A little cramped after a traffic filled ride, we arrived at one of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. We received a tour of the downstairs (where we'd be staying) amidst squeals of excitement and disbelief. The lake was a few yards from the house, and a dock boasted everything including a speed boat, paddle boat, wind surfer, kayaks, and lounge chairs. A water trampoline beckoned to us out in the lake.

My friends and I spent the weekend enjoying the perfect weather while bouncing on the trampoline, kayaking, lounging in the sun, and the owner of the house even took us on a boat ride so we could water ski (I was the official photographer and way too chicken to try water skiing. . .). It was definitely one of the most relaxing weekends of my summer.
 All of us were so blessed that the owner of this home was so gracious in giving us the run of the place.
Here's a little slideshow of pictures from the weekend, I'm sure I could add about a bazillion more, but I won't go too crazy :)









No comments:

Post a Comment