Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Part One: The Wedding

I've always wondered what happens when you're on vacation far (ish) from home and your janky car breaks down. This past weekend, I found out. 

But, I'm getting ahead of myself, here. This weekend, some pals and I headed north along the coast to Maine for a friend's wedding and some relaxation. 

Friday dawned sunny and summery as my friends Nicole, Rachel and I headed out early with plans to join up with some other friends later. We had a blast talking, being goofy, and unabashedly singing and dancing our way through all the little souvenir shops along the coast.

We stopped by the famous Nubble Lighthouse (which we affectionately took to calling The Nub) grabbed  ice cream at Brown's, and played on the dock off our hotel at dusk. It was beautiful.

On Saturday, we gathered with more college friends to watch our boy, Andy, and his beautiful bride, Julia, tie the proverbial knot. Their ceremony was sweet and thoughtful, and even a little bit funny.

But the real fun? The reception. Chiefly, the dancing. If there is one thing my college crew and I know how to do well, it's tear up the dance floor. All night long (wait, is that a song?). We all have our classic moves, we get each others groove, and we look dang good doing it, too.

We danced well into the night and it was wonderful. I love wedding dancing. It is, as they say, "good, clean fun." 

How does this relate to the great Betsy Breakdown of 2012. Oh my friends, did you think I was going to throw that down so easily?

Enjoy some pictures of the sweet union of Andy and Julia, and our fun weekend, and come back tomorrow for the conclusion. . .







No comments:

Post a Comment