Monday, May 21, 2012

Motorcycle Drive By

Saturday some friends and I had a lovely day soaking up the sun and enjoying some music from our younger days. A Boston area radio station was giving a free concert with bands including Eve 6, Switchfoot, and Third Eye Blind. Hello, middle school, I've missed you!

3eB was the final band to play. They were and still are one of my favorite alternative bands. At some point mid set, my friends and I were joined by a very enthusiastic man and his pal. They were standing behind us and as one of my favorite 3eB songs came on, he and I began separately rocking out; belting out the lyrics with gusto. My friends and I laughed a few times at how into he was, and they kept egging me on to chat him up since we both share such a passion for the same music.

I laughed them off, but, finally, after we both sang out my favorite part of the song in tandem, I turned to tell him I appreciated his zeal. I hadn't really seen him up until that time since he was behind me, but turned to find a somewhat seedy looking man in his late twenties, early thirties. After letting him know I appreciated his enthusiasm, he opened his mouth to tell me how much the song meant to him. I was met with a host of rotting, nasty teeth and in his drunken spiel, he spit in my eye

So, the wedding's definitely not this weekend. . .

Here are some scenes from the better bits of the day:






No comments:

Post a Comment