Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm Vintage!

Yesterday was my 25th birthday! A baby in the grand scheme of life, I know. But it's the oldest I've ever been!
I know I'm usually in the super hilarious and pithy (and impeccably well written) business, but pardon me while I get a little sentimental.

I've been spending a lot of time this week being introspective and thoughtful about how my life has gone these last 25 years. Even in all my wildest imaginings as a child, I would never have pictured my life now (and believe me, I had a pretty crazy imagination growing up, just ask my mother. . .).

What I mean is, when you're small you don't think about the great relationships you will cultivate. You don't think that for some crazy reason you will love people and they will love you back and want to do things like celebrate with gusto the day you entered this world. You can't imagine that one day, on the eve of your quarter century birthday a group of your sweet, sweet friends will present you with something you've dreamed of owning since you were tiny.  That they will know you're heart, your passion, the thing that makes you tick and will want to encourage that thing. You could never imagine that twenty five years after she pushed your sassy, right-on-time, pudgy little self into the world, your mother will be more like your friend (and a best one at that) and that you both will never run out of things to learn about each other. 

Those are the things little me could never have imagined. And those are the things that have made these last twenty five years so special. 

Here are some pictures from my full and wonderful quarter century celebrations which included a zoo trip, live music, good food, a stand mixer (my life's dream) and some of the best people I know.
some sweet friends joined me for dinner and live blues at The Beehive

Ice cream mugs. I actually didn't have a cake this year for my birthday, but there was NO shortage of amazing ice cream! (ps-look at my poor momma's gimpy finger. Stay away from log splitters, friends)

My amazing, wonderful, thoughtful friends chipped in for this beauty. It was love at first sight!
Long Sands Beach, York, ME: one of my favorite spots on the East Coast
1) awkward elephant pose during a zoo trip to Roger Williams Zoo,  2) Moroccan couscous at the Beehive, and 3) a giraffe!




No comments:

Post a Comment