Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend Warriors

Late Friday afternoon, my roomiefriend texted me to see if I'd be up for going to visit our old home in Western MA the next day. I, of course enthusiastically agreed, as a day in the country is just about the best way to spend time on a summer weekend, as far as I'm concerned!

Another friend planned to join in the fun and early the next morning we headed out. What followed was an idyllic day spent lazing on a little patch of beach hidden away from the rest of the world with some lovely friends (and a bunch of other random people), checking out a new(ish) risto in downtown Northampton, and topping it off with some amaretto soft serve ice cream--be still my beating heart!

 bathing beauties down by the river

 My beautiful friend V looking like a model from the '50s

a
Sharing a delicious plate of goodies after a long day in the sun at The Roost, why didn't this place exist when I lived close by?!

sad to be heading out of town. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment