Thursday, May 23, 2013

Oregon Trail, Part 1

A few weeks ago, my friend Jenna and I headed cross country to visit the great state of Oregon. She for a work conference, and me, for vacation! I've always wanted to visit Oregon (we were specifically in Portland) and couldn't turn down the opportunity to tag along! These people are serious about their food, their beer, and their art, and I loved them for it! Did you know the Portland was almost named Boston? But a coin flip decided another fate!

Coincidentally, I was at Walden Pond the day before I left for Portland !
On a walking tour of the city I learned Portland businesses have to spend 1% of their budget supporting local artists

reproduction Globe Theatre


Cheesin' at Oregon's oldest microbrewery. My pint of Stumptown Tart was amazing!
PORTLANDIA
(she's the second largest of her kind. . .can you guess the first?)



try the Statue of Liberty



As previously stated, Portlandians are serious about their food, and I was lucky enough to get to sample all different kinds while there. You'll see some of that tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment