Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ring Ting Tingling, Too


I don't know about everyone else, but coming off of a three day weekend has been a little bit rough this week (unless you live in CA, where my roommate informed me, they apparently don't really do Columbus Day. Hmm.) Yesterday, especially, getting up was a chore. A look at the weather, before getting dressed, however, spurred a thrill up my spine as I saw that the high would only be in the mid 50s. Perfect fall weather! My mini pumpkins shone merrily in the window despite overcast skies and as I stepped outside to walk the train, I filled my lungs with brisk fall air. October and November are probably some of my favorite months of the year. They are pregnant with a promise of harvest, holidays to come, brilliant changing colors, and cool, invigorating air. And. . .as I walked out of the train station, there was a special nip in the breeze. It was just a wisp that I barely grasped as I moved by but it felt like a Christmas breeze. In fact, I think I heard the slightest hint of a melody. A "just hear those sleigh bells jingling, ba ba badada dum" whispered on the cheerful fall wind. Oooh, I'm shivering with delight now just remembering it.

Preceded this little holiday sprinkle, were three days replete with birthday celebrations for my friend Hannah. We drank delicious drinks, ate  lovely food, sang some karaoke (umm, Destiny's Child, anyone?) and generally had fun celebrating Hannah's birth. She asked me to make a cake for one leg of the celebration and as she's from Tennessee  I went for a sort of country western themed cake. Hidden inside the fondant shell was a little chocolate on chocolate action for a girl who loves her some rich goodies! Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment