Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fair Season

Fair season is one of my favorite parts of late summer in New England. I don't know what is is about county fairs that makes them so thrilling to me, but I always look forward to September!  Saturday, my friends Rachel, Sarah, and I made our traditional trek to the Big E: "The largest fair in the Northeast". We spent a relaxing day enjoying some delicious fair food, checking out livestock (no, this is not a typo, see piglets below), and strolling through the brightly lit midway at night. We also stopped by on of the many arenas at the fair to watch out a horse jumping show. The arena was filled with cheering, gasping, and constant commentary about how well each contestant did or didn't to. You wouldn't think three women could make so much noise but we managed. I mean, no one else was making any noise, you'd think they'd want to encourage the jumpers! Or, maybe it's supposed to be quiet like tennis. . . (Joking, joking. We weren't that loud. I hope.)

P.S. I apologize for the chaos you might have noticed going on with my blog design the last week or so. Sometimes, blogger likes to do the opposite of what I tell it.


No comments:

Post a Comment