Monday, November 28, 2011

Let's Keep Being Thankful

It seems as if my Thanksgiving Eve post last week was ages ago. Maybe because I've been in a tryptophan induced coma since late last Thursday afternoon. Kidding! 

I actually eat a large amount of turkey year round and I'm pretty sure that I've built up an immunity to any soporific qualities that bird may boast. My hope one day is that I'll be in some sort of battle of wits, a la The Princess Bride, but instead of Iocane, I'll have built up an immunity to tryptophan and outwit Vizzini.  Anyway, I digress. . .

This Thanksgiving seemed to blow by, but I'm glad I had opportunity to take pause and remember how blessed I am to have so many amazing people in my life. Not only did I get to spend time with a bunch of family, I got to squeeze in some quality time with two beautiful friends I don't get to see nearly enough. Why does it seem so hard to just stop for a moment and appreciate how blessed I am with all these relationships? I'll never know. 

The holiday weekend this year was capped off by dinner at my sister's house, including 3 dogs, one snooty cat, a joint birthday celebration and decorating her Christmas tree. My family likes to get our Christmas on before the turkey has even settled in our stomaches. What can we say? We're just a bunch of holiday junkies!












No comments:

Post a Comment