Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ATL and a Birthday Message

        My heels click furiously on the airport floor as I sprint down the hall toward my gate; coat and bags thrown asunder. "Please, God, let them have held my flight!" I beg half aloud as I skid around a corner.  Gasping in a breath of air, I jog around the maze of chairs and slide into the back of the line of final borders.  Now able to focus, I look in confusion at the departure time on the wall, realizing I inverted some numbers and my flight leaves at 7:54 and not 7:45. My mad dash to the gate? Well, it seems a little dramatic now. . .


       This was just part of the hectic chaos that was my trip home from a fantastic, albeit brief weekend in Atlanta. I flew there for a conference early Saturday morning. We stayed in quite a posh hotel (Umm, hello TV in the bathroom), and overall it was a very renewing weekend. Until my flight home which was filled with delays, minor panic attacks, and the cherry on the top: me almost losing my wallet, only to have it found by my taxi driver who I initially thought might be a serial killer. 

Have ya'll ever been to Atlanta? (that's right, I said y'all) I didn't get much of a chance to explore on the quick trip, but did eat at a fantastic place called The Flying Biscuit. Definitely stop there for a biscuit if you ever make it that way. They were top notch!


 ****
 In entirely unrelated news. Last Monday (January 9th) my friend Larry Levi celebrated his 26th (I think?) birthday here in my fair city. As is my custom, I've waited exactly 9 days to wish him a public Happy Birthday here on KatyDidWhat. (And by that I mean, Larry demanded  asked very nicely to be featured in my blog on his birthday. I agreed, and then didn't blog all last week. So here we are!). I've only known Larry for a short time, so I can't wax too poetic about him, but I can say he's pretty hilarious and always keeps me entertained. So, Larry, if you're reading this (and you darn well better be, jeez) I hope you had a glorious birthday week, and that you're 26th year is the most spectacular yet. 
(and if I had a really embarrassing photo of you, it would be posted right here)






No comments:

Post a Comment